I've got nearly 3 months left before I become a Senior. Sounds exciting? Maybe. I still couldn't take in the idea that I'm almost off to college in a year as well. I don't know how fast time really is, but let me tell you. If you're an eight year old watching Dora the Explorer right now laying on your couch with food beside you not bothering about anything happening around, well, take your time. Enjoy every minute of it. Because you never know that in just a couple of years you're not that kind of kid anymore. In fact, you're way too different and you wouldn't do the things that you just want to anytime you want. That's how change happens when you're growing up. When I was little, I wanted to grow up as fast as I could so that I would be able to do things my way. But as soon as I started growing up, I realized I missed being a kid because I can just do whatever I want without the judgments of people. It's not that when you're old, people will always watch every move you make. But it's because when you grow up and become a teen or an adult, people will try to see every side you have; whether the good or not. And what's more irritating is when they make false accusations about you.
Despite the errors we see in growing up, there are still benefits coming from it. In growing up, we learn more about who we are and what we want to aim in life. We make mistakes but we become stronger and wiser in making decisions. We realize that the people who could hurt us most are the people who know us well because they know our strengths and weaknesses. And in growing up, we see ourselves evolving from that little innocent kid to someone who is ready to face the real world.